Friday, April 15, 2011

Moments of greatness...

In my after-school class yesterday, we had a new student. All existing students requested English names and I therefore did a lil research and starred at their sweet little faces for some time (choosing names is a big responsibility) considering what suited them but was still pretty cool and would age well with them as the grow older.


I ended up with 



  • Alex
  • Kai
  • Euan
  • Tom
  • Olivia
  • Ellie
  • Molly
  • Indica
  • Willow

Now these students have their English names they are obsessed with all new students having a name and actually insist that the student has 'no name' at all until I give them one. So, the new student required a name and I asked for some time to think. However, little Tom (sometimes terrible but always Terrific) tells me:


"Teacher his name, Jerry"


I look at the kid thinking 'Jerry?' thats an odd one, not something I would of chose but it does kind of suit him. Then as if reading my thoughts Tom shouts..


"No teacher I Tom, he Jerry, Tom & Jerry."


What a kid hey.

No comments:

Post a Comment